13th Asia-Pacific Symposium on Emotions in Worklife
3 December 2018
AUT Business School Building, WF710
42 Wakefield Street, Auckland
Call for Papers
You are invited to submit a paper to the 13th Asia-Pacific Symposium on Emotions in Worklife (APSEW).
This annual event has established itself as a valuable opportunity for obtaining collegial feedback on ongoing research as well as networking with other postgraduate students, academics and practitioners working in the area of the study of emotions in work settings.
The symposium is before the ANZAM Conference.
- Oral presentations
- Poster Presentation
- Group Presentation
- Oral Presentation – you will need to submit an abstract of 300-500 words describing your project/paper. This can be a work-in-progress or developmental paper.
- Group Presentation – Examples include an innovative panel, hot topic discussion selection, or a short symposium.Group proposals should provide a 400-800 word outline of the topic including a short description of each member’s contribution. The key criterion in evaluating a group proposal is that it provides an efficient way to use our limited time in a way that provides the most benefit to participants in advancing their research.
Submission deadline – 29 October 2018.
- Title of the paper, 14pt. bold, in capital letters, clearly marking the type of submission
- Three to five key words
- Name(s), email address(es), and institutional affiliation(s) of the author(s)
- Abstract – text should use 12pt Times New Roman font, with double-line spacing
- References – Harvard Style
- To submit your paper simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We reserve the right to assign submissions to session formats, including asking poster submissions to be delivered as presentations and vice versa.
- If you wish to propose an innovative panel, hot topic discussion session, or short symposium, feel free to do so, bearing in mind that we wish to use our limited time in the way that will most benefit participants and advance their research.
- Posters will be discussed briefly in moderated roundtable sessions following poster viewing.
- In keeping with the roundtable format, we welcome papers describing ‘works in progress or developmental papers.
Registration fee: NZ$59.50
This includes morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, and administration/transaction fees (GST inclusive).
ANZAM Travel Support Scholarships
- Doctoral students submitting papers to the symposium may also apply for an AUD$500 ANZAM Travel Support Scholarship. Clearly indicate that you are a doctoral student.
- A limited number of scholarships are available and will be awarded based on the quality of the paper submission.
- Please follow the submission guidelines and submit your paper by upload via Dropbox.
Dr Roy Smollan
Organising Chair, 13th APSEW Symposium
Phone: +64 9 921-9999 ext. 5390